Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Abby- ADOPTED- Updated Pictures 1/5/11

Christmas in a forever home!!!! AMAZING!

Abby & Jasper settling in~!



So Tom & I have welcomed a beautiful foster dog into our lives! Her name was Bella, but previous fosters called her baby! She is definitely a baby! BUT- she is classier then that. Tom & I like Abigail and call her Abby in our house! She is dainty and soft spoken- like a real lady!

Definition of Abigail:
The name Abigail is a baby girl name. The baby name Abigail originated as an Biblical name. In Biblical the name Abigail means- source of joy.

I think "source of joy" is pretty straight on for what she can bring to someone life.

It makes me feel like bursting into tears when I see how neglected some dogs are. I feel as if you are considering adopting/rescuing/buying....whatever... you need to do the research. Learn the breeds. Know that this is a life long commitment. They rely on you for safety & love. They are not humans- and they need us.

I know people have got to be thinking that I am "too emotionally involved" with animals. But someone has to be. I don't even think my husband fully understands how passionate I am- to bring as much peace and trust into the lives of these dogs. THEY DESERVE BETTER. If you know me and love me you will support me.

I hope that Abby(Baby) either a) finds her forever home so we can bring life to more dogs or b) my husband can't live without her and she stays a part of the bross crew. Either way.... it's a win win! We will give her love, food, shelter, exercise and MORE LOVE.

"Shelter dogs aren't broken, they've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human, we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write, the ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Don't pity a shelter dog. Adopt one. And be proud to h...ave their greatness by your side."

Also- check out the amazing Saintly Bernards Rescue website and become a fan on facebook! Amazing organization run by a truly dedicated and determine woman!

Saint Bernard Rescue

With love- As Always-
K


ABIGAIL UPDATE:

Abby was adopted by an amazing family in Yardley, PA. She now has a brother named Jasper (newest picture is Jasper & Abby) and has an inground pool and a huge yard! She loves her new life, her second chance and her amazing family!!!

The Bross family sends our love to the fabulous Miss Abigail and Family!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Just wanted to say thank you for following me (Modern Vintage Bliss) I'm guessing it was because of my two pomeranians (Behr and Hollie)? =) If so I'll have to post more frequent pictures of them. I've browsed your site a bit and can't believe how much we have in common! When I have more time I'm going to read through.

    Anywho, I feel exactly the same about animals. I have such an emotional connection with them and it absolutely breaks me if I see an animal in distress. I can't even be friends with people who hunt! I just automatically have such a negative association with them. It's awesome that you adopted Abby. I'm looking into adopting a cat and would LOVE to adopt an older one however my dogs are very energetic and like to play so I think a kitten would better adjust to them probably chasing it around =)

    Well I just wanted to say hi and I'll post more later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle! Thanks for the add :) Abigail was adopted last week by a loving family! I have three resident dogs who I am working on to help train the fosters. I have one pom :) He is my little diva! Posting pics of him today!

    ReplyDelete