Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sunnycrick Vintage Retailer


So my mother is a pretty awesome woman! She has the coolest, self employed, job ever!

Essentially my mother goes to yard sales, thrift stores, consignment shops & estate sales to scout out authentic vintage clothing and memoribilia. How cool is that?

Seriously- some of the items she has have so much nostalgia, even to me! Some of the items are just plain ridiculous- in a "major" way! (Stealing this from the fabulous stylist Rachel Zoe).

As I look through her sale items- I realize that my mother has made a career out of this. She no longer has to deal with a boss, a dictator or a ruler. She is now the ruler. And if you know my MOM, she actually makes a good ruler. BUT, with every reward comes hard work. She has to research the newest styles and trends and she has to search endless hours. Then she has to photograph, measure, list, explain and ship. Then deal with unhappy clients etc... So this is no easy gig. The hours that she puts into it- directly affect her results. Stocked inventory is key too! You need to know what people are looking for.

She has some really unique amazing situations too! This week, a woman who collects vintage Lilly Pullitzer, and owns her own Lilly Boutique, contacted my mother. She had informed her that she was actually dining with Lilly and would be wearing the vintage dress that she won from my mother! My mother requested a picture of them- hopefully we get it so the world can see. How awesome is that?

Also- a top executive for Michael Kors made a purchase from my mom!

When she was selling a vintage DIOR belt- stylists across the US were bidding to get that on he next celebrity. WOW!

I would live to give my mom and her business its DUE credit. SUNNYCRICK has blossomed into an authentic retailer of vintage goodies. Luckily- vintage is in and WILL ALWAYS BE IN! It helps with popular shows like mad men etc...!

Take a look!The picture above is an actual dress she has for sale! So awesome & so unique!

Here is her ebay store: http://shop.ebay.com/sunnycrick/m.html

Here is her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wilkes-Barre-PA/Sunnycrick-anything-goes-Boutique/143924302292615?ref=ts

Here is her blog:http://sunnycrick.blogspot.com/

Please take a second and look at all of this!

Follow sunnycrick on facebook!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool. I would love to be self employed with a job like that! I'm hoping one day it will happen for me.

    As far as Rachel Zoe goes, I like the use of the word but she over uses it! The word's in almost every sentence she makes. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS :) You should follow her on facebook and see her great finds!

    -K

    ReplyDelete