Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall Festivities





So its Fall of 2010! Wow. Tom & I originally wanted a beautiful fall wedding and WoW-October 2nd would have been a great day to get married. The weather was beautiful and the the sun- oooh the autumn sun... BUT- we got married about 4 months ago in June- and let me say I LOVE BEING married :) I am a little old lady at heart. My partying days have slowed down and I am focused more on making a difference in this world... particularly with dogs! Ha :)

So Abigail- our princess Abby was adopted by a wonderful family with another Saint Bernard. As my second foster, and first saint bernard foster, I was very sad, but yet happy. I dreaded leaving her, wondering if I was another person to abandon her. The level of guilt felt overbearing! I cried the entire way to meet the Rescue that would get her pretty and make sure she was healthy before the adoption! After I heard from the rescue that Abby was at home and took a liking to the family- I slept easy. As my first foster, I learned a lot. I learned that shelter dogs are a blank slate and that they work to please. They learn quickly and my resident dogs set the tone for them. Quincy, my saint, taught Abby how to eat on the down, how to sit, how to walk on a leash, how to go for a car ride,quiet, how to leave it and how to learn to trust and love humans again. Toots & Benjamin need more work on commands- but this was their first time fostering too. They warmed up to Abigail and learned to accept another a dog into our home. It was a wonderful & great learning experiene and the Bross crew cannot wait to welcome another saint foster into our home!

Last weekend we had lots of fun puppy activities! Benjamin got to go to Orchards and pick apples with the mom & dad! Sunday- quincy got to meet his great grandma and go running on the beach! Now this week Toots gets daycare, dog park & petsmart! try to get adequate one on one time with each pup!

Pictures attached!!

No comments:

Post a Comment