Monday, November 15, 2010

Home

Home is where the heart it.



It is so easy to be consumed by our everyday routine and not take  a step back and realize where we come from & what we stand for. I come a small town, where everyone knows everyone. Now that I live in modern day SUBURBIA, I think I am all that and a bag of middleswarth's chips. But I am not. I am still the small town girl who happens to live in the big bad world now. Ahh, what I would give to go back to the days of walking to school and stopping at Sanitary Bakery for a croissant to walk with. I remember how cool it was to go to school late during activity period. Making the best of what we had. Life was so much easier before it got so complicated.



Going home to visit my family & friends always humbles me. The drama I may have in my life now seems so trivial. Sitting and having coffee and laughing at "awkward family photos" is enough to fill your heart with love. Watching 48 hours and spending hours trying to figure out more clues to the case- priceless. Taco night at your brothers new house that has so quickly become a home- wow has time flew by. 3 days at home with the family is an easy way to get your spunk and determination back.


Living in the south robbed me of the spending time with my family during their birthdays! You take for granted the special day we each have once a  year. Getting to sing happy birthday to my mom with all of my siblings and my spunky "full of beans" nephew was perfect. Oh- and having sanitary cake- you can't beat that.



I hope everyone feels as inspired by their family as I do. As we grow up and start our own families- we also grow closer. I remember being little kids and being the "queen" and having my two  little servants :) Now we have surpassed the golden age and all have become amazing, hardworking, dedicated people. I stand by my family through the good and through the bad. I love the little bickerings we all have- because it shows that we all have a little bit of each other in us and can't turn down a good squabble. Even though- we know that the MOTHER is always right :)


We talk, text and facebook message everyday. We listen to each others passions. We let each other be ourselves and accept our differences. I love being us :)


Favorite quote from the weekend:

"Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are raise your sights and see the possibilities-always see them, for they're always there."
 
Live it. Breathe it. Be it.
 
Love-
K
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment