Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Krazy in Luv- Mojito

I know it is only a high of 48 degrees here in the Philadelphia Area today and I promise I am not wearing flip flops. BUT, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and I do not mind my multiple dog walks a day- that means....IT MUST ALMOST BE SPRING. Must admit, am getting spring fever too.

I love the energy of my neighbors when it is a warm day. Kids are outside again versus sitting in the house glued to the TV playing rock band or Super Mario Brothers (wait...did I just show my age? do people still play SMB or even Sonic? Must find out!) and being KIDS. People are walking their dogs again and the smiles on the dogs faces- priceless- Dogs get to be Dogs! (Me personally believe a dog should get more then yard time in the winter- but that is just me). And new moms are pushing their strollers trying to work off that poor baby (hint-- must walk faster) and ignoring all the women in the neighborhood who are not human mothers yet ;)! Overall, the sun is out, the energy is high and people begin to light up again!

With warm porch weather approaching I wanted to share with everyone my signature cocktail from my wedding. I am a little over the top and I wanted to have a light summer PINK drink for people to try at our wedding. So we went with a fruity mojito!

Here is the recipe of what we called "Krazy *with a K naturally* In LUV"
  • 2 Oz White Rum
  • 1 Oz. Lime Juice
  • 6 Min Leaves
  • Splash Cranberry Juice
  • Topped with Club Soda
  • Swirl with a rock candy swizzle stick


Enjoy and hope for many Spring 2011 sunny days!



No comments:

Post a Comment